OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
"Breakfast Television - Greengate Garden Centres "Photo Contest"
Citytv Calgary, a division of Rogers Broadcasting Limited
1) How to Enter: The Breakfast Television (BT) and Greengate Garden Centres "How Does Your Garden Grow” Contest (the “Contest”) starts at 5:30 am Mountain Time (“MT”) on Monday, April 30, 2012 and continues until 11:59 pm MT on Sunday, July 8, 2012 (the “Contest Closing Date”). No purchase necessary.
(a) Go to the Contest website (the “Website”) by visiting www.BreakfastTelevision.ca/Calgary and follow the instructions to qualify. Complete the online entry ballot on the Website in full. Entries must be received by the Contest Closing Date. For the purposes of this Contest, receipt of an entry occurs when Website server(s) record(s) the entry information resulting from the entrant clicking the “Submit Entry” button. Proof of entry does not constitute proof of receipt. Automated entries (including but not limited to entries submitted using any robot, script, macro, or other automated service) are not permitted and will be disqualified. Limit of one (1) entry per household for a “Qualifying Garden Residence.” Entrants assume all risk of lost, late,misdirected, incomplete, garbled or illegible entries which will be deemed void
For the purposes of these Contest Rules, a “Qualifying Garden Winner's Residence” is defined as a private residence located within the local Calgary area (the “Contest Region”) and is either owned by the entrant or owned by someone who has given the entrant written authority for the entrant to submit the residence as an entry into this Contest. If tenants live in the property, the homeowner must obtain written consent from the tenants to participate in this Contest, and they must agree to allow Citytv and Breakfast Television access to the premises during the “BT "Green Thumbs"” Period (as defined below). Failure to provide such written permission from the homeowner and/or tenant, as the case may be, and/or failure to comply with applicable landlord/tenant laws may result in the entry being deemed ineligible and declared void, at Contest Sponsors’ sole discretion.
All entries become the property of Citytv, a division of Rogers Broadcasting Limited (“Citytv”) together with its parent and affiliate companies, representatives, agents, directors, officers, employees and assigns and will not be acknowledged or returned. By submitting an entry, entrant grants to Citytv an irrevocable, non-exclusive, royalty-free, worldwide license in perpetuity to reproduce, broadcast, communicate, distribute, adapt, modify, create derivative works from, and otherwise use all or any part of the entry and its accompanying images in any media throughout the world, and waive all moral rights in and to the entry and its accompanying images without further compensation to the entrant. By accepting a prize, winners consent to the use of their entry, name, depictions of their place of residence and any images submitted as a part of this Contest, voice, statements,images or other likenesses by Citytv and Greengate Garden Centres Ltd., (together with Citytv, the “Contest Sponsors”) for publicity, advertising or informational purposes in any medium or format without further compensation or notice. Entrants agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Contest Sponsors from and against any claim or action brought by a person whose consent was not obtained by entrant or by any person claiming that (i) its intellectual property rights, including without limitation, copyright, moral right (including rights of integrity, attribution and anonymity), trademark rights, or (ii) its personality or privacy rights, are infringed by Contest Sponsor’s use or reproduction of a submitted images and/or entry.
BT’s Live On-Location crew must be able to send and receive a signal from the selected property, and the winner or homeowner must be available to appear in the BT Live On-Location broadcast described below. Contest Judges' rulings are final, binding and without appeal in all matters related to the Contest and the awarding of the prize.
(b) Random draws by a representative of Citytv from all eligible entries received will be made at approximately 1:00pm at 535 7th Avenue S.W. Calgary, AB., on the following dates:
1) Monday, May 14, 2012 for all entries received up to 11:59pm on Sunday, May 13, 2012 for BT "Garden Photo" #1;
2) Monday, June 18, 2012 for all entries received up to 11:59pm on Sunday, June 17, 2012 for BT "Garden Photo" #2;
3) Monday, July 16, 2012 for all entries received up to 11:59pm on Sunday, July 15, 2012 for BT "Garden Photo" #3. .
Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received and the suitability of the property. The potential winners will be selected by the Contest Judges on the following schedule at approximately 3:00pm MT.
The entrant who submitted the “Qualifying Garden Winner's Residence” will be contacted by telephone at the number on the entry. To be declared a winner, selected entrant must first correctly answer, unaided, a time-limited, mathematical skill-testing question posed by telephone at a mutually convenient time and return to the Contest Sponsors a signed release of liability and acknowledgment form, releasing the Contest Sponsors from all claims and liability relating to the Contest and fulfillment of the Grand Prize by the deadline included on the form. If the selected entrant does not own the "Qualifying Backyard Residence", then the homeowner must also sign any required release documents. If the “Qualifying Backyard Winner's Residence” is occupied by tenants of the homeowner, the tenants will also be required to sign any required release documents. All Contest-related documentation outlined in this paragraph must be returned by the deadline included in the package received by eligible winner after notification by Contest Sponsors.
(c) If a selected entrant cannot be reached within two (2) business days following the selection, incorrectly answers the skill-testing question, declines the prize, is unavailable for the BT Live On-Location broadcasts described below, fails to obtain any necessary consents as outlined herein or fails to return a release of liability as specified below, or if BT’s Live On-Location crew is unable to send and receive any required broadcast signals at the selected property, another eligible entrant will be selected and will be subject to disqualification in the same manner.
2. Prize: There are three (3) grand prizes available to be won: Approximate total value of each grand prize is: $400 CDN.
(a) Grand Prize: The Grand Prize consists of the following: Greengate Garden Centre products and or gift cards, approximate value: $250 CDN and consultation services of Greengate Garden Centre horticulturalist.
BT "How Does Your Garden Grow" #1 will occur, for one morning - exact date to be determined, during the week of Tuesday, May 22, 2012 and commence at 5:00am and be completed by approximately 9:00am. (the “BT How Does Your Garden Grow" Period #1”). Winner must consent to Contest Sponsors’ unlimited and uninterrupted access to the selected Qualifying Garden Residence at any time during the “BT "How Does Your Garden Grow Period”). The “BT How Does Your Garden Grow morning” will be featured on Citytv during Breakfast Television Live On-Location segments with a BT personality on or about Tuesday, May 22, 2012, between 5:30am and 9:00am from the selected Qualifying Garden Winner's Residence. Winner and/or homeowner must be available to appear on camera during the BT Live On-Location segments described above.
BT "How Does Your Garden Grow #2 will occur, for one morning - exact date to be determined, during the week of Monday, June 18, 2012 and commence at 5:00am and be completed by approximately 9:00am. (the “BT How Does Your Garden Grow” Period #2). Winner must consent to Contest Sponsors’ unlimited and uninterrupted access to the selected Qualifying Garden Residence at any time during the “BT How Does Your Garden Grow Period”). The “BT How Does Your Garden Grow morning” will be featured on Citytv during Breakfast Television Live On-Location segments with a BT personality on or about Monday, June 22, 2012, between 5:30am and 9:00am from the selected Qualifying Garden Winner's Residence. Winner and/or homeowner must be available to appear on camera during the BT Live On-Location segments described above.
BT "How Does Your Garden Grow #2 will occur, for one morning - exact date to be determined, during the week of Monday, July 23, 2012 and commence at 5:00am and be completed by approximately 9:00am (the “BT How Does Your Garden Grow" Period #3). Winner must consent to Contest Sponsors’ unlimited and uninterrupted access to the selected Qualifying Garden Residence at any time during the “BT How Does Your Garden Grow Period”). The “BT How Does Your Garden Grow morning” will be featured on Citytv during Breakfast Television Live On-Location segments with a BT personality on or about Monday, July 23, 2012, between 5:30am and 9:00am from the selected Qualifying Garden Winner's Residence. Winner and/or homeowner must be available to appear on camera during the BT Live On-Location segments described above.
(b) Grand Prize must be accepted as awarded and may not be substituted, transferred or exchanged. Contest Sponsors reserve the right to substitute a prize of greater or equal monetary value in the event of the unavailability, for whatever reason, of the advertised prize.
3. Eligibility. This Contest is open to residents of the Contest Region who are over the age of eighteen (18), who either own, or who have permission in writing from the owner of, a private residence located in the Contest Region, and excluding employees of the Contest Sponsors, their parent and affiliated companies,representatives, dealers, contractors and agents, Contest suppliers and Contest Judges, and each of their immediate family members (defined as parents, siblings, spouses and children, regardless of where they reside), and those with whom they are domiciled (whether related or not). This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulatiions.
5. All entries that are incomplete, illegible, damaged, irregular, have been submitted through illicit means, or do not conform to or satisfy any condition of these Official Contest Rules may be disqualified byCitytv. Citytv takes no responsibility for lost, stolen, delayed, damaged, misdirected, late or destroyed entries, or for typographical or other errors. Contest Sponsors are not responsible for any errors or omissions in printing or advertising this Contest. All entries become the property of Citytv and will not be returned.
6. By entering this Contest, entrants release and hold harmless the Contest Sponsors, their advertising and promotional agencies and the Contest Judges, their affiliates and respective directors, officers, owners,partners, employees, contractors, agents, dealers, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively the “Releasees”) against, any liability for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind (including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential or punitive damages) to persons or property (including the Qualifying Backyard Winner's Residence) resulting from: a) the Grand Prize, including the acceptance, participation in, misuse or use of the prize; b) entry or participation in this Contest, including access to and use of the Website, or c) any claims based on personality or privacy rights, defamation or merchandise delivery. Homeowners and/or tenants, as the case may be, may be required to sign a document to this effect.
7. By entering this Contest, entrants represent and warrant that they have read, understood and agree to be bound by these Official Contest Rules.
8. (a) Contest Sponsors assume no responsibility for failure of the internet or the Website during the Contest Period, for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or traffic congestion on the internet or at any website, or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from playing or downloading any material in the Contest. Contest Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest, in whole or in part, and may select an entrant from among all eligible entries received prior to the cancellation, should a virus, bug or any other cause beyond their reasonable control corrupt the security or proper administration of the Contest. Any attempt to deliberately damage any web site associated with this Contest or to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, Contest Sponsors reserve the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution.
(b) If the identity of an entrant is disputed, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry will be deemed to be the entrant. The individual assigned to the e-mail address for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address is considered the authorized account holder. A selected entrant may be required to provide proof that he/she is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the selected entry. All entries must be submitted from a valid e-mail account. The sole determinant of time for the purposes of receipt of a valid entry in this Contest will be the Contest server machine(s).
(c) Contest Sponsors' failure to enforce any term of these Official Contest Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Contest Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. If any provision of the Official Contest Rules is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, then the Official Contest Rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
(d) In the event an entrant wins the Grand Prize, and is later found to be in violation of these OfficialContest Rules he/she will be required to forfeit the Grand Prize and/or to reimburse Contest Sponsors for the stated value of the Grand Prize if such violation is discovered after winner has used the Grand Prize.
(e) Contest Sponsors reserves the right to correct any typographical, printing, computer programming or operator errors.