Breakfast Television Golden Apple Awards
2012 - 2013 Official Rules and Regulations
Citytv Calgary ROGERS BROADCASTING LTD.
1. Contest starts at 5:30am MT on September 10, 2012 and continues until 11:59 am MT on June 19, 2013, the Contest Closing Date. No purchase necessary. Only one (1) entry per person per month.
(a) To enter, do one (1) of the following:
i) Visit www.breakfasttelevision.ca nominate your favorite teacher by telling us why he/she should win, and complete the entry ballot in full and submit it as instructed by the Contest Closing Date.
ii) Mail the completed entry form to Breakfast Television (Attention Golden Apple Awards 535 7th Avenue SW. Calgary, AB T2P OY4, in an envelope with sufficient postage to be postmarked no later than the Contest Closing date.
iii) Fax your nomination to 403.508.5567
Breakfast Television will choose a monthly winner from all the Nominations received by 11:59 pm as of the 3rd Sunday of each month, the Teacher of the Month Trophy will be awarded for the submission that shows and best describes how and why their teacher is an amazing educator.
(b) If a selected teacher and their school cannot be reached within 2 days following the draw, incorrectly answers the skill-testing question, declines the prize, or fails to return a Release of Liability as specified below, another entrant will be selected.
a) There are ten (10) BT Golden Apple Awards in total that are available during the contest period: each award consists of:
- a Golden Apple Award for the teacher, - a lunch party for the winning teacher's class,
- winner and class to be featured on Breakfast Television,
- Citytv prize package for the teacher.
(b) Prize must be accepted as awarded and may not be transferred or exchanged.
3. To be declared a winner, entrants must first correctly answer, mathematical skill-testing question posed on the entry form; and winning Teachers may also need to return a signed release of liability and acknowledgment form. Minor student’s parent or legal guardian must, meet all contest eligibility requirements on behalf of the minor. Contest judges' rulings are final and without appeal in all matters related to the promotion and the awarding of prizes.
4. By entering this contest, entrants consent to the use of their entry, name, city of residence and/or any photograph of or that may be taken in publicity carried out by the Contest Sponsor and/or their advertising agencies, without further notice or compensation.
5. Contest is open to Alberta students attending a recognized public or seperate school in the Calgary and surrounding area, who are nominating a teacher that teaches grades between kindergarten to grade 12, and have permission to participate in this contest from the teacher - excluding children of employees of the Contest Sponsor, its/their parent and affiliated companies,representatives, dealers and agents, contest suppliers and judges, and those with whom they are domiciled. The contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations.
6. No communications will be entered into except with selected entrants and winning teachers.
7. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries. All entries that are incomplete, illegible, damaged, irregular, have been submitted through illicit means, or do not conform to or satisfy any condition of the rules may be disqualified by the Contest Sponsor. Contest Sponsor takes no responsibility for lost, stolen, delayed, damaged, misdirected, late or destroyed entries, or for typographical or other production errors. Contest Sponsor is not responsible for any errors or omissions in printing or advertising this contest. All entries become the property of the Contest Sponsor and will not be returned.
9. By entering this Contest, entrants release and hold harmless the Contest Sponsor, its advertising and promotional agencies and the contest judge(s), their affiliates and respective directors, officers, owners, partners, employees, agents, dealers, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively the “Releasees”) from any liability in connection with this Contest or, if declared a winner, the prize. Before being declared a winner, entrants may be required to sign and return, within a stipulated period of time, a Declaration of Compliance with the Contest Rules and a full Liability and Publicity Release. By accepting a prize, winners consent to the use of their name, place of residence, voice, statements, photographs or other likenesses for publicity, advertising or informational purposes in any medium or format without further compensation or notice.
10. This contest will be run in accordance with these rules, subject to amendment by Contest Sponsor. Contestants must comply with these rules, and will be deemed to have received and understood the rules by participating in the contest. The terms of this contest, as set out in these rules, are not subject to amendment or counter-offer, except as set out herein.
11. (a) Contest Sponsor assumes no responsibility for failure of the internet or the website during the promotional period, for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or traffic congestion on the internet or at any website, or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from playing or downloading any material in the promotion. Contest Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend the email portion of this contest should a virus, bug or other cause beyond their reasonable control corrupt the security or proper administration of the contest. Any attempt to deliberately damage any web site or to undermine the legitimate operation of this promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, Contest Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution.
(b) If the identity of an entrant is disputed, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry will be deemed to be the entrant. The individual assigned to the e-mail address for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address is considered the authorized account holder. A selected entrant may be required to provide proof that he/she is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the selected entry. All entries must be submitted from a valid e-mail account that may be identified by reverse domain name search. The sole determinant of time for the purposes of receipt of a valid entry in this contest will be the contest server machine(s).